Sunday, October 7, 2012

Thoughts on Great Work & Cosmic Job Descriptions


My Journey through A Year With Myself has consistently aligned with my Journey with Social Security’s Ticket-to-Work Program

I found MODULE 38: GREAT WORK Building An Authentic Strategy for Doing Your Greatest Work deLIGHTfully serendipitous. I think my little sabbatical taken back in August and early September was also timely as it turns out THIS VERY WEEK is the one where I have been asked to recreate my “resume” to BEgin work with my Job Coach.

Sometimes I have BEcome agitated with the time it has taken for all this to get completed and to each next phase. And then, with a simple backward glance, I see that the timing is actually quite wonderful.

Funny how that happens, eh?!

As I have participated online with Lisa Sonora Beam and read her book, The Creative Entrepreneur prior to BEginning A Year With Myself, I was quite inspired to find her Vision Interview full and overflowing with goodness, inspiration, and just the sort of just-in-time and at-the-right-time insights. 

In particular, mindful of her term, Cosmic Job Description, I have found the entire resume dog-and-pony show to BE so much more fun and effective than trying to conform to the standard and dull-as-chalkdust process.

And though there are still parts and pieces that I am attempting to bring into a whole for my meeting with said Job Coach this week, I don’t feel in the least bit at odds with it. This is an extraordinary sweetness for me, she-who-likes-to-BE-prepared.

The “greatest” gift of this glorious intersection: I Now Know Myself. [at least far better than when the two processes BEgan in January] 

AND, I am able to BE straightforward, clear, and concise about the work I am looking for.

What I really want to DO/BE.

Same as I am able to sit down and write this post without feeling the least bit of angst. After 9+ months of posting on my blogs this year I am no longer intimidated or overwhelmed by posting.

This is quite nice. And so different from how I WAS thinking of all this BEfore January.

My GREAT WORK is the work that engages my heart and myriad skills/skillsets to make a difference, no matter how small nor how far-reaching. Like Lisa, I have had a difficult time defining what I DO and have done, writing a bio, or wrapping any of this succinctly inside that simple document the World of Work likes to “have” on someone. A resume…

I have learned through my Year With Myself that I don’t HAVE-TO fit inside someone else’s box. Or DO things someone else’s way. 

My way is good, for me, and I am ENOUGH. As I am. As I am NOT.



No comments: