Sunday, October 21, 2012

Intuition Reflections




 “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. We will not solve the problems of the world from the same level of thinking we were at when we created them. More than anything else, this new century demands new thinking: We must change our materially based analyses of the world around us to include broader, more multidimensional perspectives.”
― Albert Einstein

I have been a bit scarce with A Year With Myself the past couple of months.

It happened gradually. Initially I took a break for a couple of weeks.

I came back to it and realised I’d lost momentum.

I tried to get excited again and quickly realised I was pouring a lot of expectation into something without seeing it properly.

I was disappointed. I wanted to feel the way I’d felt as 2012 BEgan. I wanted to feel I was on a Journey and that there were [are] others travelling their Journey too.

I took another week off and then another, to think about that. Funny thing, when I came back to Module 39: POWER OF INTUITION, I quickly saw that I’d started to look down at the pedals.

You know, when you’re learning to ride a bicycle, how it’s NOT wise to look down at the pedals?! For one thing it can make you a little dizzy, for another, it’s just another example of taking your eyes off the road…

As I return, at least to my little blog of this year-long adventure, I find myself less inclined to BE prompted; wanting simply to reflect.

And so it was that I dug out Einstein’s quote. He’s long been a quiet hero of mine.

Intuition isn’t some mysterious commodity that is found, given, or plays peek-a-boo. It’s taking the longer look at what floats up when I am NOT trying.

Intuition is why I get up early and write for a couple of hours each day, FIRST THING. It is also how I made my bedtime 8PM. In just DOing these 2 things for the past 2 years I have changed my whole way of BEing in Life.

Intuition is why I don’t have television, don’t listen to radio, and choose deliberately where to find out about news I’m interested in knowing.

Intuition is why I live minimally. Sparely. More simply than I could ever have imagined wanting to.

Intuition is what lets me work within the context of who and what and how and where I AM. What keeps me from chronic bouts of comparison. What has encouraged me to listen to my own drum beating.

Intuition isn’t out there anymore than my year with myself can only to BE found via A Year With Myself

Nobody has my intuition. 

No one can get me to it. 

It’s the truest form of An Inside Job.

I am glad I know this. I am very glad indeed…


No comments: