Thursday, October 25, 2012

Collaboration… Some Thoughts On Playing Well With Others

Knowing well there is no such thing as falling BEhind in A Year With Myself, I am still glad to have Now caught up with my original pace. I had a daily practise that was working just fine until it didn’t, and along the way from There to Here I have been muddling about far more than I would like to BE.

Module 42: Collaboration. The Joy of Joining Forces with Kindred Spirits. I have to say this one sounded like it would either BE really juicy and inspiring or quite the opposite, for me. Although I am indeed someone who loves working alongside and collaborating with others, I’ve also had some real stickiness and difficulty in this arena.

Let me say straightaway that neither of these outcomes happened. In fact, I found much that was juicy and I found much that hit me sideways, but in both cases this felt completely different than I would have expected.

Here are a few bits that really sing to me.

“… And when you find a lone nut doing something great, have the guts to be the first one to stand up and join in.” Derek Sivers

What a wonderful perspective, truly.

“… I assume people know what’s going on in my head because I always have access to my thoughts… I assume everyone else thinks as I do…” Molly Cantrell Kraig

Never really saw this in quite this way. Brilliant insight.

“… but I will tell you this, bliss matters. Creating and living in joy makes a difference…” Kathy Sprinkle

Indeed. Although way too many times I have settled for creating and living WITHOUT JOY, I can point to where I did with it with far more amazement and Gratitude.

Here’s my take on collaboration. The sort I think this Module is about…

We all have ideas and inspiration and individual insights. Though we might BE at completely opposite ends with one another, the combining of our ideas, inspiration, and individual insights has a wholly separate energy.

Using it for good is collaboration.


No comments: