Monday, September 3, 2012

A Life BEwildering…


 

Module 35: The Flow  Why You Procrastinate and How to Stop It in A Year With Myself is a curiously inspiring module. Well, for me anyway. And inspiring is the right word for me to use here. Sometimes, perhaps due to the amount of time I spend living my own little Life out here on my own, I discover I’ve lost perspective on How Others Live.

I made up a “rule” for myself some years back which is: I won’t spend more time thinking or talking about something than it takes me to START IT, or even just DO IT. As a world-class worrier obsessed with recreating the past, this “rule” has given me the traction to stay in Right Now, get my eyes OFF that rearview mirror, and NOT imagine I have a crystal ball about what’s up ahead round that next bend…

It was insightful to read about the rituals, routines, and creative practises of the two instigators, Tia Sparkles and Cynthia Morris. It is refreshing and encouraging to see that their discoveries mirror my own in many ways. I was reminded that there are as many paths to live Life on, none really better or worse than another AS LONG AS THEY ARE WORKING FOR YOU…

In my Life I have pretty much eliminated the issue of procrastination. I stay in this day and this moment. Since letting go of my car in April, this has really made itself clear. So many things, having to BE mindful about HOW A) I am going to get there to DO them, and B) get back home again, quickly reveal their unnecessary-ness. Likewise, putting something OFF that needs to BE done Now is no longer a luxury I can afford.

The larger picture from this module is how I see Life and my place in it. There is Life and Currie’s Life. NOT necessarily intersecting. NOT always on the same page. I never realised how much I forced MY WAY onto Life [as well the people in mine]. When I “hit the wall” in late March of this year, when I was “out of schemes and solutions,” the idea popped into my mind about letting go of my car.

This was NOT even a consideration. NOT on my radar. Furthest thing from my mind… and then, in a blink, it was The Answer For ME At This Time. Everything, and I DO MEAN EVERYTHING shifted in that one moment. The way it unfolded, the things it made possible, and the gift it is to me, a gift that keeps on giving, these are things I never could have imagined part of Currie’s Life.

So… I was deliciously delighted by this week’s Venture Maps. Connecting the Dots really sings to me. In particular:

 Narrow thinking keeps people within the imaginary boundaries of the box and stuck dealing with the same old problems.

Creative thinking goes outside the imaginary boundaries of the box and discovers innovative ways of solving problems.

Are you faced with a lingering problem in your life or your business that you could solve by thinking and going outside your box?

I’ve found a way of living my Life that is way BEyond any box I have ever constructed round myself or found myself living in. It’s definitely in The Flow…


No comments: