Monday, July 2, 2012

Woo-Woo Takes A Holiday


 How I Met My Energy & Turned My World Inside-Out


Gracie In Her Red Rock Playground
Sedona, Arizona July 2008
I lived in Arizona for nearly a year while in college, and 7 years more later on, and I never went to Sedona until I was heading out of Arizona to move East, or so I thought, in January of 2004. In fact, I thought that the road from the freeway into Sedona was a private road, as I’d driven a ways on it once, but felt sure I was going to BE trespassing if I continued further.

Oh the games our minds can play, eh?!

My 3-day stay in Sedona in January 2004 turned into 5 and a half years. And you know what?! I never EVER stopped having my breath taken away by the place.

My health, upon arrival, was at its greatest ebb, so much so that I only saw myself as having “health” in blinks of space drowning in utterly ridiculous waves of feeling just awful. I needed a walker, was BEyond depressed, and I was no one you’d want to spend 5 minutes with. I suppose the Very Worst Thing I can label myself with at that time is NEGATIVE in the extreme. And it took a whole LOT of Sedona’s “woo-woo” BEfore I could BEgin to make out daylight at the far far edges.

In the first day I was there I knew something was “up” for me. I looked around me at this gorgeous place and felt sure I’d been dropped inside the Grand Canyon. That is the same way I felt when I drove out on June 24th in 2009. The place is magical. Even when I “go there,” as we all DO when we stop and breathe and close our eyes to envision our “happy place,” I AM there. It’s a place that is forever imprinted on my Spirit. It is as essential to my BEing as my heart.

And to think I once BElieved, fervently, it was all just silly and potty woo-woo…

Here’s the thing, though: It wasn’t Sedona that “healed” me. It was ME who, ultimately, got brave enough to Let Go of BEing “sick” and only experiencing “health” in itsy-bitsy waves on alternate Tuesdays for mayBE 5 minutes if I was facing in the right direction.

Sedona was instrumental; in fact I can even say it wrote the music for this turnabout, but I continue to heal and grow into a whole and healthy ME even Now, living in steamy Delray Beach, Florida.

The “woo-woo” that people point to about Sedona [and other magical and utterly breathtaking places round the planet] is in the way I let it open me up and BE seen just as messed-up and impossible as I had BEcome. It did this so gently, unobtrusively, and with extraordinary lovingkindness. It never rushed or pushed or insisted. It simply encouraged me.

I suppose this is what I’ve been thinking about all throughout Module 26: Energy. Like unravelling a sweater and returning it to a ball of yarn, I rediscovered where and when my “woo-woo” was stuck in OFF and remembered it was indeed as simple as my willingness to BE completely wrong to get on the Very Right Road I Now enJOY travelling. 



No comments: