Sunday, December 2, 2012

Lovingkindess... It's What's Essential



A YEAR WITH MYSELF MODULE 48: Lovingkindness
Touching the World with Kindness and Compassion

As someone who loves to invent words, play with their spellings, and oddly capitalise, the word Lovingkindness has held a very special place in my heart.

I heard the word BEfore I read it, and I didn’t know it was [is] a real word with actual dictionary definition status.

Definition of LOVING-KINDNESS
: tender and benevolent affection
First Known Use of LOVING-KINDNESS
1535


I spent this week reading, listening, and reading more. I immersed myself in the notion of Lovingkindness and let it steep in me. 

I am finding a comfortable familiarity with it, one deeper than surface and NOT at all glib.

It can BE difficult to BE loving or kind. To some people, to me. For some people, for me. 

And yet what else is there but this?! 

Is there actually a Life to BE lived and cherished where Lovingkindness is NOT central and essential?!

While this module covers many aspects and experiences of Lovingkindness, for me it is the foundation of everything. 

It is where I BEgin and return. 

It is how and why I live Life. 

It is a guiding principle as necessary as Hope.

I’m reconsidering my “positions” on some things in the LIGHT of Lovingkindness. 

[Which is extraordinary all by itself…]




No comments: