Sunday, December 9, 2012

Hope, Enthusiasm, and Sparks of Possibility


A YEAR WITH MYSELF
MODULE 49: HOPE & ENTHUSIASM
Rekindle Your Inner Spark Over and Over Again


I loved reading this module, especially this past week. I am using December as a Month for Reflection. It really helps to DO so with Hope. And with Enthusiasm. It was refreshing and frankly quite lovely to see that my Inner Spark is well-lit and shining.

Reading caused me to think back on my Life BEfore what I consider “my Life” Now. A longer ago ME. Younger. A bit more fearless. Far less concerned with what other people thought or felt.

Then, almost without realising it, I was locked onto a sensation I can only call a Nor’Easter of Optimism. How it blew in and through and, yes, almost right on by me a couple times.

When I reflect, generally, I have to wade through Regret, Shame, Blame, Resentment, and a significant amount of Quicksand.

This week, reflecting was totally different.

Gentler.

Clearer.

Bolder.

Understanding.

Even forgiving.

I look back on the week and realise its many gifts. And the tremendous surprise I felt when I saw there WERE gifts. That is quite the thing…

Sometimes Life feels ginormous and impossible and frankly, I’d rather go take a nap.

Yet with a splash of Enthusiasm, a couple shakes of Perspective, and Hope, Anything BEcomes Possible…

No comments: