Sunday, November 25, 2012

Serenity Whispers Into My Heart




As often happens, Module 47: SERENITY How to Recognize and Use the Elements of Inner Peace and Spirituality of A Year With Myself has caused me to gently slow down, take a little time, perhaps more time than I think I “should BE” taking, to consider and wonder long and easy and deep into these things. To live slowly into their place and purpose for me, NOW, NOT in some remembered Past, nor some imagined Future. Right Now. This moment.

Years in the 12-Step World had me straightaway associating Serenity with Recovery-related things; even if I know perfectly well it applies in ALL of Life… As I took that out to chew on a bit I discovered that for me, Now, Recovery-related is Life-related. Living my Life in Recovery doesn’t translate into must look like what it’s been at other times along my Journey.

I loved this early quote from Randi Buckley in Cigdem Kobu’s Mission Brief on page 2.

The soul speaks by whispering into our heart. Whispers into the heart come when they are ready and they don’t mean we were not clear in our actions, identity or know who we were before them. We evolve and peel back our layers. New layers reveal aspects closer to our core. We weren’t wrong before them but the whispers inform who we are to become.

This perspective is quite empowering, and a “something” with which I resonated. I love the context these words put around the “whispers” that are whispering into my own heart. Especially recently.

It has been sheer JOY to experience each of the modules in AYWM full-on and one after the other. I know I am blessed to have the sort of Time and Life where I can CHOOSE this, and I am deeply and truly glad for having chosen to embrace this Journey through 2012.

New layers are revealed almost daily. They might BE a new way of holding or considering a thing, perhaps one that was painful and difficult for me. Or a sudden lightbulb thought that reveals the “secret” of something I might have considered magical and IMPOSSIBLE.

Whatever form these take, and whichever way I “see” and experience the “whispers” into my Life, I am undone, utterly, with how Serenity flows gently through it all. I am NOT Buddha-glowy and enlightened… I’m just a girl, well, a woman, nearing 60, enJOYing the experience.



2 comments:

Leovi said...

Delicious and lovely heart designs, excellent work.

Seraphinas Phantasie said...

This is wonderful with the different stones and shell. Great !