Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Have You Found Your Soul's Compass Yet?





I may have. But I don’t know this for certain. Funny how this prompt came into my World the same day I did Com-Poetry with Marney. The compass I made and the poems I wrote called me to consider something deeper than what I had been thinking I “need to DO” as I get ready for working again.

In the definitions for “compass” I was drawn to the one that is a “hinged device for drawing circles or measuring distances, e.g. on a map, that consists of two rods, one pointed, the other often holding a pencil, joined by an adjustable hinge.” Funny, I hadn’t remembered THAT compass until just Now, looking it up.

I am noticing more and more that seems NOT NEW. I think this may prove an essential clue to whether I have found my soul’s compass. If my soul’s compass were a hinged device, adjustable, clear about its purpose or use, I think I would have to say yes, I’ve found mine.

My soul’s compass, in this view, is the interaction of what I know, what I have learned, what my Life has revealed and brought into BEing Up Until Now AND the me who is holding onto my very BEing, wanting to take exquisite care to encourage it to soar, careful and considerate of its fragility, of MY fragility, despite outward appearances, assumptions, mine as well others’, and especially those pesky wants that can empower denial and cause excellent vision to go blind.

My soul’s compass, I BElieve, is the voice inside of me who is both young, agile, adventurous AND ancient, learned, certain. It is the voice that reminds me to stop around 5 or 6, even when I am having such fun painting or writing or reading, and follow my evening routine, so I can get to bed and asleep no later than 9 o’clock. It is the one who whispers gently to wake up, BEgin my day, despite the dark outside AND my delicious sleep.

It is the sense of importance that I am able to give to what I DO and what makes my heart sing, EVEN THOUGH…

It is the wind that blows, the waves that roll onto the sand, and the sun that rises, even when clouds obscure any blueness in the sky.

My soul’s compass is the thing that deepens my smile and lights my laughter, it’s the ideas I imagine and the view from Right Here, in me, where I AM, my feet ARE, and my breath is breathing me.

No comments: