Monday, January 9, 2012

BEGIN WHERE YOU ARE BODACIOUSLY


Laughing Near Myself

I've been reading a LOT lately. Funny thing, much of it by listening to audiobooks while DOing something else. However, some of the most interesting and absorbing reads have been my own writing. And much of that is stuff written awhile back.

What started out as an ambitious undertaking for NaNoWriMo, a book I'm calling I Love You, Currie, has been making itself a bit elusive. You see, I have been writing and sharing this writing, daily, for most of the past 5 years. I began in early 2007, ambitious yet again, though it wasn't until July that I caught on to the secret that DOing Something Every Day, like elephant eating, works almost without me DOing anything, IF I will take it One Bite At A Time. 

So, by July of 2007 I had a clue that practises might change me one bit at a time. Still, it has taken me all that time, up until November of 2011, to get that turning my own writings into my own writing is the thing I know best. 

People have told me I should write a book and I've always thought, well, I WOULD, if I knew what to write it ABOUT. Suddenly, my wanting to play this year in NaNoWriMo was just the threshold for getting me to SEE what has been right in front of my nose.

So Now I have found A Year With Myself http://ayearwithmyself.com/  AND a new container for this elusive writing project of mine. No wonder I loved teaching little people so much; even the same old same old is brand new when you are 6 or 7. 

It is in that spirit I am embarking upon my own Journey in A Year With Myself & Other Characters, this upteenth blog I've started. I think I am finally about to learn how to DO what I always think/thought I SHOULD already know HOW-TO DO. I suspect there are plenty-oh-peoples DOing this, too, who will gladly show me How To DO what I need to know HOW-TO.

And the laughing part? Well I am laughing near myself because I am dropping all pretense round saying I know ANYthing!! I've managed to blog each day this year, as planned, to make a 366-day perpetual calendar with Gracie piccies and her decidedly Gracie thoughts. It is just a container, a way to get it done, one post at a time. So I thought, hey, I can DO the same thing with AYWM!!

Thus is born my blog to accompany the Journey, A Year With Myself & Other Characters... 

The "threshold" for carrying forward what I have written before and elsewhere and gathering it together Now as the Great Possibility Called A Book People Tell Me I Should Write. 

Stay tuned. Eventually [if NOT sooner] I will learn how to link this to wherever or whatever is called "sharing this Journey with others on it, too."

But for Now, I'm BEGINNING...


1 comment:

Jean said...

Welcome aboard the journey! I'm glad you found a way to share your blog on FB with the AYWM group. I'm not very far in the process right now, but enjoying the blogs I'm seeing.

Have a great weekend!